Monday, October 6, 2008

Healed

My soul is in darkness
Hear my cries
Listen to the shouts of my screams
Echoing through the dark.

Help me
Help me for I am dying
Can you hear me crying?
Everyone that was with me
Is gone and nowhere to be found
The sounds of joy and laughter
Has faded in the surrounds of eternal
Silence.

Can feel the whip of anger and hatred
Slashing across my back and the open
Wounds gushing out the crimson rivers
Of suffering and anguish my despair
Tormenting me where is the hope that I
So desperately, crave?

Suddenly a light beamed through the dark
The cries of pain have subsided
The tears of emotional despair has dissipated
The joys of my life has returned and no more
Suffering will, I fear and feel for the tears
Will never swell up in my eyes.

I welcome the light into my soul
Light up my heart and repair the damage
That took its toll. Come and touch me
Embrace me with your love lift my spirit
Let me know that you care and hold on to
Me forevermore.

Now the darkness is no more
The score has now been settled
No longer will I fear of being old and alone
For my soul has been healed by the touch of
Heavenly light the sight that is sheer music
To my heart and soul.

Psalmist ‘08

No comments: