Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pooled Water

Pooled Water
Still and calm
Like a glass mirror
With a reflection of both the
Past and the present.

Looking down I see my smile
For now, I am free Calm and majestic
Like the wind on a cool
Summer’s day.

Ripples appear
Disturbing the tranquilness
Angry now I have become.
Torrents of emotions
Wading and splashing
Washing over the happiness
And replacing it with pain.

Hurts to walk
Not able to run
Crying, tears falling
The pain now all so deafening
And now defining my life
Of endless wondering.

What now?
How can I make it right?
Swollen
Distorted
Not even looking the same
Stiffen so much lost all it’s shape.
Trying not to let it bother me
Day in and day out.

What is there left for me?
But to keep going
Keep walking
Keep running
Keep hoping

Belinda ‘09

No comments: