Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Letter - A Story

On the table was a letter
It was written on fine stationary
The words were clear and understandable
The words I love you stood out so very boldly.

Surely, this letter lying on this table told me
That his feelings were sincere and true, but
He wrote it because he did not have the heart
To look me in the eye and tell me he was going
Away for a short time.

My heart would have skipped a beat and the tears
Would have fell like they are now, it would have
Been harder for him to leave me once he seen them
Fall. Finally I removed the letter from the table and
Looked at it closely, he wrote it with such finesse and
Care. Not leaving out anything making sure he explained
His case thoroughly how I love how he is so sure about
What he does, but just to think that he is gone sends me in
Turmoil of emotional tirade.

So I try to remember he is coming back
Not sure, on how long he will be gone from me
But my heart is yearning for him and my soul is
Begging to have his arms around me, how can I endure this?
Silence and the empty space? And how do I move on with
Out his loving face to look at every night when I sleep?

It is driving me mad
How can I?
What shall I do?
My heart is tearing apart
I miss you my love, please hurry back for my soul
Is dying without you and the darkness surrounds me
Like a heavy blanket.
I am being smothered
Not being able to breathe
Come back my love for I am dying without you.
Damn, I wish I that I hadn’t read that letter for now
I am truly dying.

No comments: