Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Alter Ego

Nice and pristine
Prestigious and regal
you show the world that you
are worth the look.

How I hate you just to know that you
live inside me, just to know that you gains
all the attention and leave me none in return
people see me they balk at me but when they see
you they just adore you.

When you walk into the room the men just stop
in there tracks and the girls just marvel at your
grace and the way you just light up the room
your charm is fleeting and your elegance is intriguing
any man who sees you wants you at a
whim.

But then they see the real me and all eyes turn away
they stay far from me and never even speak to me.
Oh how I hate you so!!
When I see my face in the mirror all I can see
is you staring back at me?

Who I am is a person just inside of you a skeletal remain
a form that wants to be more like you. And when I go through
my days of living in your shadow how I wish
that I can get rid of you.

Copyright 2008 Belinda Diane Willis

No comments: