Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This is not of me

Love is part of me....

Like the oceans so vast and the sky in its expanse
my heart pours out my flavor only for you to savor because
this is a part of me that I long to endure.

Peace is there too as a neighbor....

I comfort myself in the stillness of quiet
sojourn and take the journey of a everlasting bliss,
never to miss the solitude of a warm kiss.

The dark is not to far behind.....

Like the blackness of a moonless sky
no light comes in and never do it escape
my sight for my plight is to always embrace it
and let it join me as its eternal brother along with
its sister of life.

Love is me
Peace is of me
the dark for ever joined with me
but as I live along the mortals of this life
Hate has surrounded me
Suffering has drowned me
Deceit has enveloped me
Jealousy has developed in me
Anger has overwhelmed me.
This is not of me
so why should it be in me now?

Copyright 2008 Belinda Diane Willis

No comments: