Friday, April 11, 2008

Silent Winds

The silent winds of life blows it's breath all around me
warm and mystic caressing me with its gentle touch.
I close my eyes and listen to the sounds of the trees
moving back and forth, the leaves rustling and moving
on the ground below. And watching the clouds roll by and
I see is peace and tranquility remembering nothing of the
past days not even thinking of the future on this day all I am
searching for is quiet and peace.

The silent winds blow across the landscape
blowing away the unsettled dust that crowns
itself on everything around the dust dance to the
mystic tunes of its warm breath higher and
higher till it fades away much like the memories
of all the torrent affairs of the days before.

Now I look beyond to see nothing else only the peace
and tranquility of this day and nothing more.
The silent winds touch my face and warm my
soul making love to my senses and holding me in
its peaceful dance. My mind races and cascades itself
in a colonnade of splendor and illuminating
its light on my heart the winds tell me to be in peace and
love only for today for tomorrow is not promised not even
to you.

The silent winds are a part of me a spirit that enchants me
entwines its world in my heart I search for one thing in this
life a place where tranquility is welcomed and cherished that place
is peace a world that the winds dance in joy all the time.

Copyright 2008 Belinda Diane Willis

No comments: